Thursday, August 21, 2008

day 2

After a long nights rest my day began at 7 am with a lite practice. Then it was straight to a meeting that lasted 4 hours. In the meeting we covered everything that you can imagine. We spent a century going over media and how to properly represent your country when a microphone is shoved in your face. Then we talked about the rules of blogging that are set in place by China, some of the rules are not including brand names, other athletes names, or pictures or video that shows any action that is taking place. Then we learned a little mandarin...and then I fell asleep. We also signed about 30 posters that we are giving to our sponsors and got fitted for leather jackets, had our picture taken. This meeting and petes practices were equally tough to survive. Everyone was exhausted after the 4 hours.

It is tough to transition from training at sea level in davis to training at 6100 feet in Colorado Springs. I get winded just walking around the complex, let alone when I am working out or doing breath holding sets. At sea level I can do 50's no breath fairly easily, at altitude i can hardly do a 50 with 2 breaths.

This evening I sat with a bunch of athletes from swimming, track and field, and volleyball and watched the Olympics on T.V. Watching the Olympics at the OTC is awesome because all of the atheletes get very excited and some of the people here know the athletes personally so that makes it fun and suddenly I find myself cheering a little bit more.

Well I'm off to bed tomorrow is another long day of meetings and swimming and then its off to Japan on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home